Whether this is your first home or fifth home, the following tips will make the process easier on you and your Realtor.
1. Begin with contacting at least 3 lending institutions; be sure you are looking at homes for which you qualify. A pre-approval letter or proof of funds must accompany an offer.
2. Choose a Realtor who is familiar with the area in which you are interested.
3. Take notes when you visit homes; it can be confusing and difficult to remember details once you have seen several properties.
4. Limit the number of homes you view in a day so as not to be overwhelmed. Eliminate the ones that don't meet your needs/wants.
5. Once you have decided to make an offer on a property, your realtor can provide you with information to help you make a reasonable offer.
6. When your offer is accepted, get a home inspection. Some sellers will provide a 1 year warrantly.
7. Be loyal to your Realtor; they work hard for you!
Jackie Shore, Realtor
Memory Hopkins Real Estate
93B Orange St.
Saint Augustine, Florida 32084
use our contact form.
Make your home more attractive to potential buyers. A sparkling clean appearance gives the impression that your home has been well-maintained and cared for over the years.
Learn more about how to sell your property.